Typography Kenya 2018 was a celebration of African typography and visual communication and its evolution over time. As an immediate output of the same, Design Kenya Society is putting together a typography exhibition to be held in March 2019 that will showcase both student and professional contributions to the same.
The exhibition is an opportunity for designers despite rank or position to showcase actual progress and the interaction of typography in its different stages of design experience to ensure growth. The intention is to understand and underscore how typography is applied across design disciplines and other related specialisations including but not limited to architecture, engineering and healthcare.
Typo Exhibition Information Pack
- Description: Best piece of work related to or inspired by typography designed between Jan 1st 2018 and March 1st 2019.
- Theme: the designers are free to determine a personal theme and deliver their best work
- Categories: student or professional
- Quantities: maximum 2 pieces per designer
- Output: A2 soft copy poster and 100 word bio for the designer
- Drop off point: Send to email@example.com
- Submission deadline: 4.00pm Thursday 21st March 2019
- Professionals: Full name, address and organisation at the back of each piece of work.
- Students: Full name and address, Institution, year of study on the back of the piece
The exhibition is open to free hand design as well as computer designs and all pieces will be showcased.
- High schools: students from learning institutions with an interest in art and design or an art and design club
- Tertiary colleges: students from institutions of higher learning that teach design
- Professionals: designers in practice both private sector and government
Our team is available for consultation on firstname.lastname@example.org or on +254 713 606 064 or +254 722 211 904